Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sit and listen Sub-let your ideas Till they're broken

Atom


Cataclysmic 
words fall from
our mouths.
To inspire;
breathe in.
There is a waxed scarf
tied at  
my heart 
and hanging 
limp, fulvous 
in my mouth;
breathe in.
Where do the words
I speak behind
these closed lips 
go
when I forget 
to open them?
Speak, and all will be spoken for.
An infant's mutterings
betray the thoughts of
ideas untouched by ideas
the world untouched
by the world.
If one atom
can destroy a city
what can one word
do?




Title Quote: Cantinero, Little Princess

2 comments:

  1. very thoughtful; and once again your vocabulary is intimidating. when did you write this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this morning. i just sat down and it came out!
    btw, thesaurus on my dashboard!

    ReplyDelete